Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Proud to Serve

Today my daughter, McKenna, who is going to be 5 soon, did something that she has never done before, she made her bed. And she didn't just make the bed after I had asked her a million times, she did it all by herself. (Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever asked her to make the bed.) I wish you could have seen her little face as she bounded down the steps to tell me that she had a surprise for me. So, off we went to check it out. I couldn't believe my eyes when we turned the corner into the room and there it was, decorative pillows in place. I was so proud of her and she looked so precious, smiling ear to ear and just bounding with joy and pride.

A task so small to us, made her feel like that? I have been thinking about that all day. How proud I was of her, not just for making the bed, but for taking the initiative to try something new all by herself and doing something special for someone she loved. Just think how the Lord feels when we do the same. Can't you just see him smiling? I can. Everytime I look at a sunset or feel a breeze. He is proud of our accomplishments. He is proud of you. What a blessing to be one of His chosen ones! Just remember that however small the task might seem, when done in His glory, will make Him smile.

"Praise be to the Lord your God, who has delighted in you..." 1 Kings 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment